Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, May 11, 2015

Lost Passports

Passport Numbers
It's handy to have a photo of your passport in case of loss as you may be asked for it, and you need a record of the number.

In other countries such as Singapore the British embassy no longer issues a new passport, only a travel document which can be used up to five times, which will get you home. This document costs you S$208, over £100, then you will need to pay for a new passport when you get back to Britain.

I would suggest you always carry your passport strapped to your body, not in a shoulder back you will put down or which could be snatched from you.

Journey Records
My bag disappeared on a number 14 bus in Singapore. How can I be sure it was a number 14 bus? I had trouble working it out. Several buses run along the same road.  I just jumped on the first bus. Inside the bus the bus number is not displayed.

Trip Records
I knew the details of every trip are recorded on the multi-trip transport cards. (Like the London, UK multi-trip Oyster card for use on the tube trains.)

Checking My Bus Route
At the interchange with a manned ticket office, they can put your ticket into their reader and see all journeys taken, from which boarding point to which exit point. Their bus timetable tells them the bus running that route at that hour.

Phone Tracking
My passport was in a bag with my phone. In theory if you have a tracker on your phone you can see where your bag is.


No comments: