Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Saffron Secrets Revealed On Farm Holidays in Umbria, Italy




The Saffron growers have revived saffron production and have a lot of books and leaflets and recipes. You see in my photos the purple crocus flower and the yellow stamens pulled out. It is all done by hand. You need lots of flowers and stamens to make one small jar of the product. That is why saffron is so expensive.

See my previous post on The Story of Saffron and farm holidays in Umbria. More photos and text later today.

Other posts about Umbria cover different types of accommodation and restaurants, such as Castello di Monterone, the castle hotel where I stayed.
See the regional website:
www.umbriatourism.it

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.Follow me on Facebook, link to me on Linkedin, watch me on YouTube, read about my books on Amazon and Lulu.com

No comments: