Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, November 28, 2016

Second Cup coffee shop in Harrow, Middlesex


Second Cup coffee shop is to the right of St Ann's shopping mall. You can sit outside if you want to smoke, or inside in the warm. Signs say more seating upstairs.

Here's the counter. Festive lights and a tree - raising funds for a a charity.

Second cup, alas, does not mean that you get a second cup for free. (Check my earlier post or on the net to find which places offer a second cup of coffee free. I think one of the pub chains does so at breakfast time.) The name second cup means they want to evoke an image of a cup of coffee so delicious that you want a second cup. A piece of smart marketing.

Ask for the loyalty card if you intend returning. They punch a hole in your card each time you order a coffee so eventually you get a free cupful of coffee. Interesting and initially baffling that I nearly said a free cup but had to change it. A free cup is not the same as a free cupful of coffee. The 'cup' stands for the contents.

Coffees
We ordered double espresso with cream. Fine. The website is really good. It shows all kinds of teas and coffees and gives calorie counts. You might want to read it and make your choice before you go there.

Teas
A wide selection of teas was shown on a chart on the counter top.

Cakes
I liked the look of the triple deck chocolate cake - with sparkle. Then I saw the carrot cake.

The red velvet cake was appealing. What was it? They said it was beetroot.

The New York style baked cheesecake looked both moist and solid. However, it was nearly lunch time, so I opted for something more sensible.

Sandwiches
I hesitated between the chicken sandwich, which had something green, lettuce I think, and the smoked salmon and cream cheese. I had chicken at home so, despite feeling I ought to have some vegetable, I opted for the salmon and cream cheese. It was good, filled me up, tasty with pepper or poppy seeds or both.

I checked their website and found that the company started in Canada and they have franchises.
More information from:
www:secondcup.com

Photos by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. 2016.
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: