Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Iceland Food Walk

Iceland. North of UK. Map from Wikipedia and Wikivoyage.
Problem
What to do in Iceland?

Answer
I've just found the top item on my wishlist, after the chocolate factory visit (2pm), the food walk.
This involves booking the walk, packing walking shoes for rain and an umbrella.

I have researched this thoroughly. If the walk is full or cancelled I could do some of the places on the walk on my own, but I don't want to do that. I want to take the food tour.

Why?
1 Because I will make quicker progress with somebody else who knows the route and the destination.

2 I'll be tempted to take a bus or a taxi. Walking will walk off the calories I shall be consuming.

3 I can make friends and feel more sociable in a group, see and photograph what others are eating, hear their opinions, get their suggestions, make friends.

What will you eat?
On the tour, probably, goose liver terrine, smoked salmon, smoked goose breast, hot dog, goose with raspberry Champagne vinaigrette, rye bread ice cream. It's a four hour walking tour with seven stops, some at restaurants, others at delis and the hot dog kiosk.

Capital Reykjavik on the south west coast.

Burning wine, photo from Wikivoyage.

Gulfloss. Obviously see some of the landscape.

A yogurt like cheese. One must eat. Proper food.

Local speciality chocolate. But also some indulgence. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


www.icelandair.co.uk
http://www.lastminute.com
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g189970-d8555900-Reviews-or20-The_Reykjavik_Food_Walk-Reykjavik_Capital_Region.htm

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. See my previous post on chocolate from Iceland and the factory tour.



No comments: