Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Israel's dates and date liqueur, a kibbutz and a marathon

What to eat an drink in Israel or from Israel? Dates, the large soft, sweet mejdool dates, and date liqueur.

I remember eating a hot date which had fallen on the ground underneath a date palm tree, walking towards the biblical oasis of Ein Gedi.

What else to see and do in Israel:

Even if you've only got two weeks, you can volunteer to work on a kibbutz.

If you've only got three hours, run a 42 km marathon. A one hour drive or three hour run through a desert landscape tight mountain backdrop. Festival in the Timna valley in February. See the Ramon crater.

I asked, "Isn't it dangerous?"

I was told: "The dangerous areas are in the far north. The marathon is in the far south."

I go everywhere, see everything. As Gandhi said, "I'm a citizen of the world".

Websites and contacts:
Kibbutz Yatvata.
I spoke to Yoni Stern, tour guide.
yonishtern@gmail.com
tel 972 (0)52 3287182
www.yonishtern.co.il

www.samarathon.co.il

IGTO (Israel tourist office)

Author
Angela Lansbury
Travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: