Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, November 17, 2017

Tottenham Hale Underground Station Decoration, Shops, Pizza and Toilets

Problem
I do not hail from Tottenham Hale. (I admit that confused me. I had to look up and check it was hail from with an i.)

However, I when I visited a club wine dinner held in somebody's house, I was interested to see a new area and the decor of another London underground station.


Does the station have toilets? All stations should have toilets. I remember recently seeing a sign saying that it was forbidden to use somewhere or other, maybe a phone box, as a toilet. But where are the toilets? 

A huge variety of big name shops is around the station. The Pizza place is open until about 10 pm or 10.30.  

Staff at the ready. A girl by the door stops you to ask how many of you want seats?

Toilets
Their toilets are painted a jolly red. Designed by somebody who thinks a human being has legs the width of a piece of paper. You open the door, pull it towards you, have to retreat behind the toilet bowl, then have to climb over the bowl to try to get out! 

Here's the evidence. Has the architect ever tried to use a toilet cubicle? Maybe he did and he's still stuck behind the door somewhere. 

Maybe the architect is a she. No. I'm sure no woman, wearing a voluminous skirt, or a tight miniskirt restricting movement, or even wearing skinny jeans, would design this. Never mind a woman wearing a long skirt, a heavy winter coat, holding a handbag or rucksack (where's the hook?), pulling a shopping bag or wheeled trolley or toddler or baby.



Useful Addresses and Websites

Tottenham Hale Underground Station
London Underground Ltd.
Station Rd
London
N17 9LR




Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and phtographer, author and speaker.
See my other travel blog:




No comments: