Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, November 26, 2017

How To Deal With Spilled Yogurt On An Airline Seat


Problem
I am sitting in an airline seat and I feel something wet. Oh, my goodness. Is it stress incontinence, diarrhoea, am I disintegrating, having an abortion or miscarriage from the fifty year old baby, or what?

The good news is that I am not leaking. The bad news is that I have found a yogurt pot containing only a little of the contents.

I must have had a yogurt with breakfast. The collecting was so fast and efficient that they were grabbing my plate before I had finished. I must have kept the yogurt and lost it. Just before landing, I discovered I was sitting on it. Yes, strawberry or similar yoghurt, all over my caftan, my silk skirt and slip - plus the seat.

Protective clothing
Incidentally, the protective caftan on top of the skirt was a good idea. I had felt daft, wearing two layers of skirt. However, I am not alone in this. Muslim women all wear umpteen layers of clothing. This recent incident confirmed common sense, that a washable top layer protects the clothes underneath.

The staff were very efficient. The male steward gave me two hot towels heated in the galley microwave. By the time I came out of the toilet, wet, but free from yogurt stains and smells, another crew member was wiped off the seat.

I had already forgotten about the seat. Of course, they had not. Evidently, I am not the first and only person ever to have sat on a yogurt, or other liquids, on a plane seat.

She suggested that I use the blanket on the wet seat. I agreed. I didn't want to be a wet blanket. Goodness, I have just noticed another metaphor whose practical meaning I had previously never noted.

Lessons Learned From Squashed Yogurt Pot
I have always wanted my travels and life to be a shining beacon to others, not a terrible warning of what not to do. I admit it, you can learn from me to finish your yogurt immediately and never save it.

Author
Travel writer and photographer, author and speaker, Angela Lansbury.
See my other posts on this blog and:
http://luxurytravelforless.co.uk

No comments: