Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Quotations from losers and winners about travel and life

QUOTATIONS For travel and life
A correspondent travelling in my direction sent me a quotation which he asked me to identify, a rhyme about roaming. It included the words 'never found a home'.
You don't have to find a home. You can make a home.

You only have to put the words into Google to instantly locate the source, a song written by Johnny Cash.

It is a pity that life's losers write lyrics about losing, even when they become famous. Like one of my favourite singer-songwriters, Amy Winehouse. Her most famous song, won't go to Rehab, no, no, no, struck me as having a negative message when I first saw her singing it. I loved her voice, though not her message. Her message was doing her no good. Then she died.

I prefer to remember and run my life by quotations from Benjamin Franklin:
'Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.'

Benjamin contributed more to society than sayings. He was a politician. He gave a good message and lived a useful life which gave benefits to generations, including me and you. He invented the lighting conductor and bifocals. I use bifocals to read and write.

Angela Lansbury, author of Quick Quotations For Authors and Speakers. I have several more posts about Benjamin Franklin, quotations and statues. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: