When travelling to another group, whether it is a different school, business town or country, how do you find a subject which will interest your audience?
1 What interests do you share with people you work with, your family, friends, or neighbours?
2 What is different about you - causes raised eyebrows from your work colleagues, family friends and neighbours? What do you do which annoys them? What do they do which annoys you? For example, if you are on time, but your children or spouse is always late, you can do a serious speech on being on time, getting jobs or contracts because you delivered on time, or a humorous speech on the missed planes, and nearly missed weddings and funerals.
3 Who have you met in the last 24 hours who was exactly the same as you, or totally different?
Now you know what makes you typical, or unique.
Either of these will make a great speech.
Try both and see which gets the reaction, 'tonight's speech was OK but it wasn't as good as that wonderful speech you gave last month on ....' or, 'this was your best speech ever'. Now you know what is your speciality, presented with skill and verve.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment