Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, February 24, 2014

Chocolate Tasting & Making

Here's more I just read a leaflet I picked up in the rococo chocolate shop about tastings and chocolate making classes for adults and children. The cheapest, and good value, are the £35 per child one hour sessions in which children create a chocolate bar in the kitchen and design a wrapper for their bar. (I don't rate the Educational workshop at £15 when you learn about chocolate but don't seem to get to try any.) The adult sessions start at Chocolate tasting for beginners, 50 minutes, in which you taste single origin bars and award winning truffles.  (And how much chocolate could you buy for the same money?) At only £35 for 50 minutes there's Blindfold tasting, Chocolate For The Senses. at 365 per person there's Truffle Rolling, 75 minutes, . Create your unique truffle, rolling, dipping and coating.
   I was tempted to ask for this for my next birthday, in the next month. However, I watched a macaroon making demo at the BBC food show and can't remember a word, nor have I tried making macaroons since. Chocolate, surely you just melt it and stick it in a mould for Easter?  I think I'll just try to resist the urge to buy and eat more chocolate, until my next visit to the Rococo shop.
More information from them
blog.rococochocolates.com/events

PS Anybody who wants to buy me or make me chocolates - I like white chocolate (which tastes creamy and I hope keeps my teeth white).

No comments: