Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Merry Xmas at Miller & Carter - if you follow my recommendations

The Xmas tree in the hallway is jolly and so are the gold crackers on the table. The festive menu offers two options, two courses or three. I suggest you opt for two and bypass the starter in favour of the desserts.

Yes, I'd avoid the starters. Strangely dark gravad lax looks like parma ham on a bad day. Soup with honey is filling and pleasant enough.



The main course of turkey is really good, so are the potatoes and parsnips - looks good. 


My main course was filling and original. I liked the chicken with duck and stuffing centre, the parsnips the potato and peas. Admittedly I shared my vegetables with somebody else who ordered cod. They liked the cod, which predictably they liked and I didn't, but wanted more green vegetables. 

The highlights to the meal were dessert and coffee.

Xmas pudding came adorned with mint. Plenty of pudding. 

My espresso coffee had a little round biscuit on the side, large and thin, crunchy and dipped in the coffee (when nobody was looking) without breaking, all of which really pleased me. As Shakespeare said, all's well that ends well. 

I had had a meal at another Miller & Carter in Ruislip, that time steak. The Christmas version seems to be a lunchtime special. I tried to find my previous review on my handphone but could not navigate to my review on time. On my next visit to either place I must look up my earlier review on my computer at home in advance in order to make the right choices.


No comments: