Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Indoor and outdoor eating in hawker centre Timbre at Expo

 


Mr Biriani, Indian food at Timbre food court (known locally as a hawker centre), outside Expo exhibition centre which is one underground railway stop along from Changi airport in Singapore. I had been to Expo several times and seen only the couple of coffee bar kiosks by the entrance near the MRT. However, this time I discovered the outside food court just across a patch of astroturf (artificial grass) beside the car park. Benches outside allow you to picnic in fine weather. We chose to sit on high stools with backs at tables in the centre of the food court.
At lunch time Mr Biriani has set meals which makes for quick ordering. Instead, in the evening I had to order separately. 

I chose a chicken biriani, a stuffed naan with a coconut filling. I also opted for a mango lassi drink, which was not the usual milk with a dash of mango but thick with generous amounts of mango.

I had spicy yellow rice. And a spicy sauce - fortunately on the side. I swapped half my spicy rice with my husband's white rice.

My husband chose food from another kiosk. Fish with white coconut rice. Nasi Lemak. Malay. Nasi is rice. Lemax is fat. A dish made for breakfast from leftovers.

I had too much food to consume. How could I wrap up the leftovers? I went back to the kiosk and they gladly gave me a nice little white bag with gold rope handles, and a sealed top container to take away my leftovers. 

We also tried pineapple from a juice kiosk. Two smiley girls were cutting up the pineapples.

If you are alone, and bored, within the building is a glass window kiosk with the invitation, take a book, leave a book.

Reasons For Eating At Expo
Why stop to eat at Expo after the show? Why not rush home?

We had been to the ProWine exhibition. My husband who is our cook said he would be too tired to cook by the time we got home. 

He also wanted  to wait and let the home-going crowds disperse so we could get seats and not be breathing over everybody else on the train. 

(Two of our friends missed the show this September 2022 because they have Covid. One of the presenters was also prevented from attending. We think he was stopped from boarding when found  to be Covid positive.

Whilst walking to and from the Timbre building and the main Expo building, you will pass three sculptures, with descriptions on small plaques on the ground beside them. 

Useful Websites

No comments: