Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Spanish for breakfast, lunch and dinner, dressed in silk

In Spain we were desperate for breakfast. But couldn't find the word for breakfast. The word was desayuno.

breakfast - desayuno
lunch - almuerzo (z pronounced th) al-moo-er-tho
dinner - cena

My Spanish is not too good, nor is my memory. I might have to skip lunch (almuertho) and wait for dinner - cena.

Dinner is easier to remember. Imagine it is spelled dina, then turn d into c - c e n a . My spellcheck on this site turns the Sanish word for dinner into cent, as in century.

Dinner is pronounced kay - na. Hard c.

What shall I wear for dinner?
seda - silk
silk - seda.

I said seda, silk.

Angela Lansbury, author, travel writer, photographer, English teacher.

No comments: