Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Apple Watch - What It does for you and your friends

You can see the new Apple watch displayed in Apple stores. Even if you don't want to look at it, videos of hints and tips on using it appear on screens on walls of the big Apple stores.

It has lots of new and amusing features. Your friends faces appear on a clock face so you pick one. They are also co-ordinated, matched by number. So number one could be your spouse, boss, or oldest child, or mother. Instead of hunting down through an alphabetical list of dozens of names, you just go to one on the clock face to pick Mum or call the boss.

I was thinking of putting this on my list for a birthday party gift. Even though the price of the cheapest watch is more than I would budget for this birthday gift, I could give a contribution. So two or more people got together, or contribute some money towards it so the birthday boy or girl can top up the fund.

But there's one problem. The watch is not an independent item. It's an accessory to an iPhone. First you need to have you bulkier iPhone with you. (So no good when swimming or sunbathing on the boat if you are about to dive in the water.) Secondly you need to have an iPhone. So I can't give it to anybody who is not on the system, even as an introduction to Apple.

No, I shall just have to wait until somebody buys me an iPhone watch. And the iPhone I need to go with it.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer, speech trainer. 

No comments: