Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, January 26, 2018

Cobbs Farm Shop for Fresh Food, Different Drinks, Wine Cheese




What can you buy? Food, drink and lots of amusing items.




Problem
Where can I buy fresh farm food? Where can I see something different?

Answers
Cobbs Farm shop has a huge variety of interesting things to see and buy. Park outside and look at the plants and pot on the way in. Fresh vegetables are in racks.




Here's an idea - oatcakes for a Scottish Supper.

Orange marmalade cake - I took a photo to remind me to put it on my wishlist for my next visit. My other wishlist item is Raspberry Bakewell.

Another reminder - stop for tea and cake.

Cheeses
Inside are breads and cheeses. We were offered teeny tastes of cheese. 

We looked at the colourful eye-catching cheese. Solid orange colour. In London supermarkets I like to buy cheese with cranberries, enticing to look at, soft and flavourful. (I also bought some in Singapore from a supermarket in HillV2.) At Cobbs Farm shop we tried the cheese with orange. Little visible orange bits in it. Strong orange flavour like marmalade.

Cakes looked lovely. I had my eye on the almond cake. About six pounds something.  We settled for frozen croissants which you cook yourself, at 40p each.

A cafe. Toilets.

Meat.

Some of the prices are high. You need to shop around. They have a discount card which gives you 10% off.

Next door is a fishmongers.

Cobbs Farm Shop
Bath Road, Hungerford
RG17 OSP
Tel: 01488 686770.

Their website gives details of a playbarn where you can hold children's parties. I also liked the page of recipes including easy strawberry ice cream.

Where is it on the way to and from?
We were going to and from The Harrow at Little Bedwyn restaurant. Cobbs is on the road past The Bear at Hungerford pub and hotel, on the old road to the West country. It's off the M4.

We drove from Harrow in NW London. Because we diverted to avoid two delays on the M4 the journey was 2 hours each way.

I praticularly liked the Red Wine Farmer cheese, as a novelty. Dee-lish!

Useful website
http://cobbsfarmshop.co.uk

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: