Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, January 29, 2018

Homes of the famous on your top ten wishlist: 1 Edison




Robbie Burns, Ayr, Scotland.

Problem
Where can I see the homes of some inspirational people? Who should I choose?

Answer
Who do I quote most often? My top ten famous people list includes:

(In alphabetical order)
Robbie Burns 'For the sake of auld lang syne'
Winston Churchill 'We shall never surrender.'
Thomas Edison 'I did not fail 1000 times. I found 999 ways not to do it.'
Benjamin Franklin 'A place for everything and everything in its place.'
Sigmund Freud 'Time spent with cats is never wasted.'
Helen Keller 'Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.'
Rudyard Kipling 'If you can fill the unforgiving minute ...'
Abraham Lincoln 'If this is coffee, bring me tea, but if this is tea, bring me coffee.'
William Shakespeare 'Neither a borrower nor a lender be'
Noah Webster 'Language is not an abstract construction of the learned, or of dictionary makers, but is something arising out of the work of generations ...'

Of course, there are many more. Dylan Thomas in Wales. Every country has somebody famous.

Useful Websites
Britain
visitbritain.com
visitscotland.com

Edison:
http://www.menloparkmuseum.org
visit-usa.com

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. I have several posts on homes of famous people in the UK and Europe and Worldwide including Israel and Romania.

No comments: