Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Tiny cards - got a minute? Spanish verbs

Problem
I've got a minute, waiting for somebody else. too short a time to do anything major. I recall the saying, If you can fill the unforgiving minute - that's from the poem If by Rudyard Kipling.

Two things I can do in my unforgiving minute:
1 Write a motivational poem.
2 Learn a few words of Spanish or Portuguese.

The Spanish tiny cards pops up first. I could go searching for Portuguese, which I am learning, having dropped Spanish in favour of Portuguese because I am planning a trip to Madeira.

Why not search for the Portuguese? Because that wastes time. I may be called away. I've only got a minute.

But won't the Portuguese and Spanish get muddled up?

I would only muddle up going from English. When recognizing the other language it doesn't matter.
So never mind. Better to know and read and recognize word which is one or the other - and recognize it on a sign or poster in Spain or Portugal. I am one step ahead of anybody else and myself last week knowing neither language.

Spanish Verb Tiny Cards
https://tiny.cards/decks/38e806eb-2538-42cc-a850-beece5653acc

http://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/polyglot-poem-by-angela-lansbury.html
http://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/how-to-remember-23-portuguese-words-or.html

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker, learner and teacher of languages.

No comments: