Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Colourful and Chic Shoes and Boots

Problem - Dull Shoes and Boring Boots
My shoes and boots are dull, boring. I would like to wear amusing colourful shoes with leather flowers shapes, not just painted on, shapes. Anything decorative will do: buttons, fringes, contrasting colours, or appliqué.

However, I can't wear patterns with a patterned jacket.

I console myself with the thought that don't want to draw attention to my feet and away from my face. But I look down at my own feet, so I like colour, a little colour - or a lot.

Plain Black
I have always found that a pair of plain black leather boots is most practical. They go with everything. You can easily touch up scuffs with black, shiny scuff cote.

Clarks For Comfort
Yet I am tempted by pop up ads for fancy shoes. I went into a branch of Clarks. They make comfortable shoes.

Prices
I heard a customer trying to ask for a bigger discount. The member of staff at the till was explaining: Prices are set by the company. This is not a family run business and I don't have the option of altering prices.

"The shoes are already in the sale. Shoes are only sold at an extra discount when they have a fault such as one shoe damaged, scuffed or faded, in which case the manager is allowed, at their discretion, to lower the price further to secure a sale."

Prices were reduced. Yet nothing appealed. It seemed to me that the shop had clumpy, frumpy granny fashions with heavy looking round toes. The design offered no appealing structure. The shoes were without any support to the ankle or instep.

A few gold shoes. Very little of any decoration, in any way lively.

Yest, once home, I am assailed by ads for interesting shoes which you can buy online. Which colour should I choose? Let's compare the colours of the shoes with my clothes. I brought a reversible jacket, black once side.and a coat to my computer screen to place my clothes against pictures of the boots.

The red boots I liked did not go with a multi-colour, patchwork acket. They were too bright against a wine mac. So I chose wine colour.

Websites
http://www.banggood.com Free shipping.
https://www.newchic.com/

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: