Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Polyglot Poem by Angela Lansbury


Polyglot Poem by Angela Lansbury

I wish I were a polyglot
So many languages, a lot
I wish I'd learned two in my cot
It's best to start when you're a tot

I sit at home, I am a swot
I start a new one, keen and hot
Learned yes and no
But not yet not

I've learned each alphabet and dot
I learned a lot, but I forgot
Don't tell me I have lost the plot
One day I'll be a polyglot!

I really hope that you agree
It's good to know 'oui', and, 'Si, si!'
To roll an r, say three, not tree
Come, be a polyglot with me!

Copyright Angela Lansbury 2018

polyglot - speaker of many languages, from Greek poly - many; glot - tongue or language
see 
https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=polyglot





French - English
oui - yes

English - French
yes - oui (pronounced we)

Spanish
si - yes

Useful Websites
Polyglot page on Facebook

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. 
I have many posts on learning other languages including French, Spanish, German, Chinese, Greek, Cyrillic (Russian).
Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: