Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Travel Bucket List: Giraffes, Anne of Green Gables and Easy Esperanto - my wishlist

https://www.onb.ac.at/museen/esperantomuseum/


What's my travel bucket list, my wish list, my dream? A Canadian travel company wants to know.
1 Esperanto and Planned Languages Museum
Vienna
Austria.
Only one of its kind - not quite, there's the Zamenhof Exhibition centre in Bialystok Poland. But this museum sounds more cheerful

This is a two-centre stop (in fact more on a hop on hop off bus tour. Afterwards do the Frankl Museum.
If you want to be serious, you certainly can. Frankl was man who could run a programme to tell students not to commit suicide, back in the 1930s, then after WWII, he recovered from losing his family in the Holocaust and helped others.  Who wouldn't want to learn his secrets of serenity.
As the British road safety ad says, The life you save may be your own.

Vienna, land of the Strauss waltz. Plus those beautiful baroque buildings I saw on the New Year's Day concert, broadcast every year to TV in London, England.

2
The Sea Wall Mural at Bay of Fundy
Canada
The tide creates the artwork. Maybe it can supply energy for floodlights, too.
The painted lady on the wall - she is resurrected from the sea. I shall watch and remember what poet Maya Angelou wrote, 'I rise'.

3
I'd love to be a renowned writer of children's books. What a dream!
Maybe I'll be inspired.
Anne of Green Gables Museum
Route 20, Kensingon
Canada.
Fantastic building. Must see surroundings.
'The Lake Of Shining Waters,' wrote L M Montgomery. Five words and I'm captured.

Giraffes looking through the window - oh wow!
4 The Giraffe Manor
Nairobi
Kenya

The Rothschild Giraffes - well if they're good enough for the Rothschilds, they're good enough for me.
Since one night costs a fortune, about £260 for two, I suppose a night or two will have to do. I'm sure you could find another hotel for a couple of nights after coming all this way you won't want to go straight home. Also to see in the area, the Karen Bixen museum.

Travel Websites
https://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/See/BayOfFundy.aspx
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_of_Green_Gables
https://www.onb.ac.at/museen/esperantomuseum/
visitacity.com

My websites:
travelwithangelalansbury.blogger.com
luxurytravelforless.co.uk
luxuryforless.co.uk

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. See my previous posts on the Bay of Fundy, and Vienna. Please share links to your favourite posts. 

No comments: