I read a news report about a mother with two children in the USA living in a storage unit.
In India whole families live in garages and open the door during the day and sit on the pavement in front. it seems to me that in addition to building three bedroom family homes with gardens, Uk councils and the equivalents worldwide should build cheap bedsit dwellings with a bed, a windows, a washbasin and a microwave for the homeless or temporarily homeless who need and address to get a job and claim benefits. A larger unit with a bunkbed and cot or two bunkbeds could temporarily house families. It could be built on cheap land out of town on a bus route or with a shuttle bus into town driven by volunteers or by the residents on a rota.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
No comments:
Post a Comment