Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Bordeaux Château Helicopter Crash

Bad news - dreadful death of Bordeaux Chateau and vineyard's new owner and former owner in a helicopter crash just after the celebrations and press conference.
The new owner, now deceased, was Lam Kok. The previous owner was piloting the helicopter.
I have now found out that the lost son was not the only son. An older brother survives as well as the wife. This must be some comfort to the family. I first read the story in the mail on line. The South China Press has more. The widow is a powerful entrepreneur and I am glad to hear the large company will continue plans to expand the estate with a hotel so more people can enjoy the wines and the area.
On a lighter note, I looked with surprise at the dates of newspaper articles to find the latest. Then I noticed a couple dated 24th - tomorrow! Of course, it's tomorrow already as you travel further east. 

No comments: