Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Blips on Blogs - too many labels



Last night I sat up late and was very proud of myself for clicking on various links and instructions in my lists of what to add to your blog. I found gadgets. Great.

  Then I found labels. Add some labels. Yes, why not. Where? On the top. At the side. At the end. Unfortunately I did not preview a post at each step. I thought it would be a link to labels, or labels were like tags and would alert people worldwide to finding a post on a particular subject.

Next morning I went to preview my post. It had vanished. I had page after page of labels. (All in black print on a pink background.) I realised what had happened when I went to try to remove the labels.

I had ticked 'all' and added 3000 or more labels in an alphabetical list at the start of my blog, above it. I tried to pick half a dozen interesting and popular labels of posts I might like to find.
  Even so, a few labels in the sidebar might be handy, but not before the post of the day. Now I have ticked 'none'.

No comments: