Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, February 17, 2022

How to keep track of your travels



I am filling in the pages on vacations in my record book, Our Family Tree, A History of Our Family. It cost about 12 to 16 dollars, plus postage - unless you are already a member of Amazon prime. 

How can I check the dates I visited places? I have photos. It will take hours to churn through hundreds of photos, then fill in the dates. Photos are such a distraction. 

In Google I turned on location history. It shows you places you have visited and which year.

That is good, because even when we remember dates, we often disagree. It was two years ago. No, it wasn't. It was three years ago. Does this mean one of us is forgetful. Or both! I am glad to find that this is not a problem unique to our family.

Maurice Chevalier and Hermione Gingold sing, the humorous song, I remember it well, in the film (movie) Gigi.

Useful Websites

How to find your location history and activate it. 

The sooner you start an excel spreadsheet with dates, the better. You can print it off and stick it inside the front of back cover of your family history book.

https://support.google.com/android/answer/3118687?hl=en

Chevalier song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQxM5rJ-uiY

Author

No comments: