Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, August 21, 2023

Unusual and Polymer Clay Jewellery From Yorkshire

 


I loved this selection of jewellery which I found in the Wick & Spritz shop.

I liked what looked like miniature pantings of a girl's face. You can see it in the left of my photo. However, the portrait of the girl shown had black hair and my hair is blonde. So instead I opted for parrots. You can see them on the left below the girl's portrait.

I certainly didn't want skulls, which you can see top left of the picture. Skulls seem amusing when you are in your teens and twenties. They are less amusing when you are over seventy and have recently been to a neighbour's funeral.

I was not mad about the quality of the metal necklace. But I reckoned I could move the pendant to another necklace of black ribbon or even cheap silver.

I checked on polymer clay. It seems to be a synthetic clay you can mould, and fire, a bit like plasticine. I am not sure about the durability and would be glad to receive your feedback.

Photo by Angela Lansbury

Behind this lady assistant, I discovered a shelf of jewellery.

 I bought clay jewellery, a pendant and a matching brooch.

Adapting ear-rings
 I could have bought ear-rings. But they were the slot through or stud type. I should have bought them to make a complete set. You can buy clip on backs to which you can attach other ear-rings. Sometimes you can stick on the decorative part, after removing the hooks or studs. Sometimes you can hook the hook through the clip-on part. If anything is ugly and showing, you can cover it with nail varnish, or sequins, or stick on or sew on tiny ribbons or fabric bows or a tiny piece of fabric cut from the him or inside seam of the garment you wear most often to make a match..


Haworth Jewellery Exhibition
I had previously seen the same or similar jewellery items on a stand at a fair in the Haworth Chapel used as an exhibition area near the Bronte Parsonage museum. We had been rushing to see the Haworth museum before it closed, and had a friend hanging around waiting for us. So I had no time to find the right design at the right price. 

However, if you are willing to buy from the web, or merely admire, or get inspiration for your own designs, you can peruse online at your leisure and see what amuses, inspires and tempts you.

Useful Websites
For the aromatic coffee candles


For the jewellery from the Bailden (coffee candles) shop

For the jewellery from the Haworth exhibition



Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts.


No comments: