Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Duo lingo: hover over the words underlined for translation

In duo lingo free learn a language website I've been learning French, Spanish, Italian, German - and I tried Russian but I'm getting tired of that.

Today I discovered that if you hover your mouse over the dots underlining the word on the left, the translation and explanation appears underneath. You can then type in the translation in the box on the right to show you have learned it.

I don't know how you are supposed to guess this. I discovered it by accident when by chance my pointed was in the right place.

Previously
1 I knew the word
2 I guessed it because it was easy or similar
3 I wrote the wrong answer and learned it when it was corrected and got it right the second time I was asked a few moments later
4 As the tasks or to be precise the translations got more difficult, I resorted to copying the word into Google translate.

Now I realise that the answer appears with a click over the word to be translated, I can have a guess, then click on the word for the prompt or the answer and longer explanation.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and language teacher.

No comments: