Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, May 30, 2016

Learning Russian: how to remember at daybreak you eat

I am rushing to learn Russian. As I follow the Russian course on DuoLingo, I try to make up memory aids.

Utro, the start of the day, like uterus, the start of life. But think that the Russians, like the French, and indeed the English, like to abbreviate words. So uterus becomes u  t r o.

The very to eat in English, German and Russian starts with the letter e. In German it is essen. In Russian it is em. I eat everything.

Duolingo.com

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, language teacher.Be my friend on Facebook, link to me on Lenked, look at my books on lulu.com Follow, like and share my blog posts.Buy a signed copy of one of my books when you meet me at a Writers' holiday or a Toastmasters meeting.

No comments: