Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, May 9, 2016

Learning Languages from duo lingo.com

I always try to translate menus and wine bottles in restaurants. It's a free lesson in languages. I feel I should be something more regular and consistent. My new friend Kimberley from Singapore has sent me a link for learning languages.

duo lingo.com (The spell check on this website insists on inserting a space.)

I signed up for Spanish, Italian and German. You can be sent a reminder and do a daily stint of five minutes, ten minutes, twenty or fifty.

To pick another language from the site go to
https:/www.duolingo.com.courses
The Greek and Hebrew will be up and running later. I signed up to be notified when the new courses will be available.
It's very easy and user friendly.

For Hebrew words try:
http://www.morim.com/expressionsE.htm

Chinese is not yet running and they seem to think there's a difficulty with the script. Other sites manage it. Google translate. I have an Earworms disc which I bought which gives you a recording of spoken Chinese.

I wrote back to my new friend:
"Thanks for the lingo link. Gracias. Grazie. Danke. Efcharisto. Spasibo. Terimah Kasi. Toda Robuh."

Angela Lansbury, B A Hons, travel writer and photographer, Language teacher, researcher, speaker, author.

No comments: