Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Phoning good and bad news to another time zone

Time and date converter is so handy when:
1 Phoning family and friends at home from overseas
2 Calling businesses
3 Responding to phone ins which ask you to pick a time

I have no trouble remembering that America is behind London, England, and that Asia and Australia are ahead.

I did once make an awful mistake. I was searching through my late uncle's address book to find the address of somebody who had sent him a Christmas card.

I phoned the USA, and when the lady answered, I said, "I'm sorry to ring you with bad news, but I have to tell you that my uncle has died." After a long pause, she replied, "I'm sorry your uncle has died, dear. What was his name, again? Sorry to be so blank, but it's 4 in the morning here and I was asleep."

If only I had consulted the website below.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html


Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, 

No comments: