Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Protecting Public From Wild Animals In City Venues

It would be helpful if Florida's legislation could protect tourists and residents and therefore Florida's tourist industry.

As a travel writer I've previously had problems with writing an article and then tourists are attacked.

What might happen if I write any article recommending Florida?
First, I must decide whether I want to go. We arrived for the first trip to Florida and were at a hotel with our son who was then a child. He left us with a sandwich in his hand and went through the hotel's exit doors towards a lake. After a few moments I wanted to be sure where he was and dashed after him. I was horrified to see a sign by the nearby water warning of crocodiles - didn't even know that Florida had any - none in New York on my previous trip. Worse still was a sign warming against throwing food which was what my child was about to do.

The lady who got killed was not even feeding animals, just walking along.

I should not recommend a place I myself would hesitate to visit. I haven't got the enthusiasm and don't want to have arguments with people.
It's a question of morality.

Also it's a waste of my time as I probably won't be able to sell or even publish an article if there is a major news story.

I or the newspaper might get sued. Therefore many newspapers will refuse to take articles.

The advertisers don't want to be alongside this kind of news story.
Then advertisers pull out because the tour operators pull out.
That's because the travel insurers pull out .
Businesses forbid employees to travel without insurance so the airlines can't fill seats.

What do you think?

No comments: