A recent newspaper report says a head teacher was trying to quell noise at break time. Quite right for the head teacher to attempt to reduce break time noise levels and make children conscious of volume.
At playtime the noise from the nearest school can be heard right down the street. Shouting prevents neighbours having an afternoon nap. Noise disturbs the elderly or sick - or anybody just wanting to sit in their garden. Children walk down the street shouting. They yell to each other on trains.
Crying Wolf
It's in the children's own interest to talk quietly so that if they shout in an emergency others can hear and take action. Several times after fatal incidents people reported hearing screaming but not calling the police because they thought shouting and screaming was just a friends' or family tiff and 'normal' behaviour.
Angela Lansbury, travel writer, speaker, author.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
The Joys of Researching Holidays And Business Trips Using AI I am finding Ask Gemini a miracle, a blessing, a time saver, for researching...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
No comments:
Post a Comment