Why on earth would you clean an oven?!- Chris, London
Because you might learn from my son's friend who didn't realise that if you allow grease to build up on an oven and apply heat - it's a fire risk. Result - he had a fire in his oven, nearly burned down the house, himself and all his friends. Just check house fire statistics on a fire brigade site.
My local restaurant had a kitchen fire. A pan which caught alight set fire to the cooker hood which had not been kept clean.
Three members of my family got cancer. The two who never cleaned died. The one who was obsessively clean lived.
Somebody said nobody ever died wishing they'd kept cleaner. Maybe not. But those who survive wish their dead relatives had taken more care.
Why clean inside windows? If mould builds up your curtains get mouldy which means you are breathing in spores - a well known health risk. People living in houses with wet ceilings and mould have families with children who get ongoing health problems.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
No comments:
Post a Comment