Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bilingual Speakers' Clubs


 I would love to go to a French or Spanish bilingual Toastmasters International speakers group in London. We have several but London is big and they are a long way away. It would be good to have an international day with speeches in three foreign languages or to be visited by members of the bilingual club.
A bilingual club is not the same as a foreign language club.
I was told by somebody in Singapore that going to a Mandarin speaking club helped them learn Mandarin. So I went to one. But I hardly understood a word all evening. I assumed that somebody would speak English or translate. I should have got hold of a manual in that language first and got some basic phrases translated. 

No comments: