Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
For information on the flag of Uruguay see my previous post on the country. I did a Gemini search for Uruguayan vineyards with a shop. Then...
Labels
Monday, December 10, 2012
Prank Calls - My View Differs
Following the news that a nurse committed suicide after an Australian station made a prank call.
a) Prank calls aren't funny when you're upset and don't know who made them. I don't find them funny. I would never do this. I've received prank calls. You can be frightened or annoyed by strangers and worry what they will do next.
b) Where was the apology immediately after the prank call? The request for permission? Many programmes which televise prank calls tell you nobody was hurt and that people who were 'victims' then told it was a prank found it funny and agreed to being televised. If the radio station had apologised and got permission from the nurses, their managers and the royal family the nurse wouldn't have committed suicide and would have been a celebrity not a victim.
c) Clearly nursing was this nurse's life. Her moment of pride and joy at working with the royal family was turned to ashes.
d) Suicide: Your family should come first, before the royals, a job, outsiders.
e) The queen, my late mother and I would not make prank calls. Would people you trust do so?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment