Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, December 10, 2012

Prank Calls - My View Differs


Following the news that a nurse committed suicide after an Australian station made a prank call.
a) Prank calls aren't funny when you're upset and don't know who made them. I don't find them funny. I would never do this. I've received prank calls. You can be frightened or annoyed by strangers and worry what they will do next.
b) Where was the apology immediately after the prank call? The request for permission? Many programmes which televise prank calls tell you nobody was hurt and that people who were 'victims' then told it was a prank found it funny and agreed to being televised. If the radio station had apologised and got permission from the nurses, their managers and the royal family the nurse wouldn't have committed suicide and would have been a celebrity not a victim.
c) Clearly nursing was this nurse's life. Her moment of pride and joy at working with the royal family was turned to ashes.
d) Suicide: Your family should come first, before the royals, a job, outsiders.
e) The queen, my late mother and I would not make prank calls. Would people you trust do so?

No comments: