Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
Labels
Thursday, June 6, 2013
In China and worldwide: Don't stare!
You aren't allowed to steal goods from supermarkets and shops.
You have to learn self-control.
Look but don't touch.
Today I am reading about women in China being warned that in crowded public transport they might get harassed or photographed by men. The same happens in many countries. I agree it's time notices warn or remind everybody:
Simple rule.
When I was a child I was taught:
'Don't Stare!
In a street or on a public vehicle you don't stare. Only look at somebody if you are talking and being friendly.
Every child as soon as it is old enough to reach for goods in a shop is told this by its mother.
If it's not your property, don't touch it.
If you haven't paid, you can't take it.
Ask permission before you touch or take it.
Think of other people.
A nurse or doctor or member of the emergency services has to help and rescue people who are naked or half dressed and act as if that is not important. Can you be relied upon to help and not take advantage?
Are you trustworthy?'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment