Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
Labels
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Aircrash. Leave your bags, shout onlookers, afterwards.
Yes, we all agree that you get out without delaying and thus endangering yourself and others.
So why did people grab their bags? In the Asiana Airlines crash at San Francisco, bags came hurtling out of overhead lockers. Better to carry them out than leave them obstructing aisles and exits. Those first out are in the seats by the exit and can grab their stuff. It's an instinct. Obviously you don't delay yourself and others. But you must keep your passport and credit card in a pocket. Otherwise when you get off the plane you cannot prove who you are, pay for your medical expenses and hotel and fare home. I read about the people who survived the fire in the hotel in Florida years ago. Those by the pool without identity were stranded without clothes or money or identity. That's another reason to dress for the destination. If your luggage goes missing, you need to be dressed for the place where you have arrived. I got out of a broken down coach leaving behind my camera. While I crossed the road I was worrying about my camera and got hit by a car and nearly died. I'm all for taking luggage with - if you've time to grab it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment