Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Beziers Airport, Excellent Lemon Cake, Europcar, Learn Esential Car Locking!

 Good little souvenir shop and adjacent cafe which served a nice lemon pound cake,which we later found was a thing of the region of France.

Europcar Collection

The car collections kiosks are all around are forecourt so easy to find. 

However, our Europcar rep wanted to go home on Sunday afternoon. Phoned us while we were having our coffee at the airport to ask where we were and please hurry up. He left us to photograph the car and find out how weverything worked on a hybrid. The whole week we were puzzled, although we had a handy manual. 

Essential Information - Locking Doors From Inside

A pity they didn't give us vital information, such as how to lock the car doors from the inside. Later that week, at a traffic light, an odd looking man ran up and opened the car door. He repeated two words, several times. I speak French. At first I thought he was asking for money in a foreign language, which I do not speak, non European, such as Arabic. 

Then I wondered if he wanted a lift to another town, which was not a place we knew or attended to visit. 

I said, 'No! No understand!' i shook my head, frowning.

I pulled the door shut - and my assailant pushed the door shut, annoyed. As the lights changed, the car behind hooted, and my husband accelerated off.

We stopped at the next convenient pull-in. We looked up in the manual how to lock the doors from inside. A small flat square shape in the elbow height door handle could be depressed to lock the door. Lift it to release the door lock.

Leaving Beziers, taking off in the Ryanair plane, a week later, I was in an empty row. So I moved to the window seat and I took a picture. Low rise airport, two storeys high.

Ryanair plane from window seat, taking off from Beziers airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: