Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Pedestrian dangers - pavement flagstones and tree roots, remedies, cure, prevention

Raised paving stone caused accident. Bruising visible on face uner eye and on bridge of nose.

Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

I look dreadful. After my acccident I seem to have aged overnight. Aged ten years. Miserable, baggy eyed, injured. I could not sleep, kept waking up, in pain, as I tossed and turned and winced. When I cleared my throat ed my chest hurt. When I winced my face hurt! 

I had a nasty accident. I was walking along the pavement which has small square flagstones. Many of them had been lifted by trees. I tripped over one of them and fell flat on my face. (Americans say sidewalk where the British say pavement.)  How can I prevent that happening again and how could you prevent it happneding to you or any elderly or accident-prone person you know?

Possible Protection

A padded balaclava to protect your nose and face.

The accident happened  January 27th, Saturday, at about 6 pm.

I was going to a friene' house for dinner. I felt very shaken. I thought that having my dinner and a drink would make me feel better and recover better than sitting around without supper in a hospital's A ad E department for hours, being kept up half the night. They probably would not do an x ray until morning, on Sunday, or Monday. So I would have to go home and come back. A waste of my time, and their, and a risk of cathing colds which are going around, a cold from all the extra walking about, or Covid-19. I would also have been at A & E a long way from home and if admitted my family would have to travel a long way.

I had a blocked nose all evening and had trouble biting. My teeth hurt. My nse hurt. My cheek hurt.

By the end of the evening I had devloped a dark bruise under my eyes. 

I went home, hoping in vain that it would all get better overnight. At around 5 am I woke and found I was dripping red blood from my nose. I realised that the blood in my nose has been interfering with my breathing.

 For American readers, pavement, the British word, means sidewalk in American wording.

Update, Monday. X-ray showed no broken bones. Good news. Doctors prescribed pain killers and medicine to reduce sewlling

Useful Websites

https://www.personal-injurysolicitors.com/trip-injuries-pavements/?

Please bookmark and share links to your favourite blog posts.

No comments: