Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Clothes for Travelling on planes, to doctors, all occasions

 

A wardrobe and a suitcase needs clothes of all kinds. Cover ups for conservative countries. Loose clothes for travelling on planes and sleeping on planes. I used to wear a caftan on a plane. With a belt which had no metal clasps, or metal clasps which were quick release. 

 Sometimes I wear an outfit I hate because I am saving another outfit for a special occasion. If I am in a hurry, I select an alternative outfit. Then I think.., but I have lots of lovely outfits. Why not wear the pretty one and feel good all day. If I died tomorrow I would never have had the opportunity to wear the better outfit. 

But the good outfit requires matching of colours. the good outfit felt tight. It needed matching underwear. I could not remove the sleeves in a hurry. The driver was calling. I had an appointment for a checkup with the nurse. 

Undressing In A Hurry

Sometimes an outfit you can remove in a hurry is what you need. It does not flatter you to wear huge sleeves, a looose skirt, a loose top. But it is practical.

So I put on the Black and white Anthony Sicari outfit. DESPITE those horrible pleats.

I was right. The nurse took my blood pressure. Needed access to my arm

 She weighed me. I had to remove top layers in a hurry.

Removing Pleats

Later in the day I considered cutting off the pleated skirt and tuning it into a wrap around skirt with leftover material for a scarf. Maybe one day when I have lots of time. But I had a friend calling. At least I looked neat in a matching outfit. Pease forgive me for wearing pleats.



Later in the day

I am still wearing the outfit. it is comfortable. I bought lots of Anthony sicari outfits because of the wide sleeves. That was when I was ovrweight. Now I have another reason for needing loose clothes. Reocring from a nasty fall. pulling clothes on and off is painful. That often happens. An outsit sits neglected for years. Then one day I discover it and it has a new use. People are like that, too. You ignore them for years. Then one day you discover they have a quality which makes them not just acceptable, but indipensable. Just what you need. there's a say, every dog has its day.

 Today my pleated outfit had its day. Maybe you also have an old outfit which is just right for something. The old shoes for the gardening. The loose outfit to remove quicly for medical visits. Everything has its use.

What about those pleats? Maybe I'll come back to them. Move them, Remove them. But today they were just fine.

Please share links to your favourite posts.


No comments: