Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, March 15, 2012

How To Self Publish A Book



First I must establish my credentials.
I am Angela Lansbury the author of ten books by mainstream publishers.

1 Wedding Speeches & Toasts (Show book)


2 Etiquette For Every Occasion (Show book)


3 How To Be A Bridesmaid (Show book)



What does having a mainstream publisher do for an author?
Now I've self-published additional books. Why?
Why self-publish a book?

Short print runs:
1 Family history. (I wrote Your Life - Pearl Sharot - for a 90 year old relative's birthday).


I printed only a couple of copies, one to present to her and one for me and the rest of the family. What did it cost? Under £20, less than anything else I could find in the shops. I did one edition quickly in time for her birthday, just text. Later I added colour photos of the family at the back. That took more time and cost more. You can keep playing around with sizes and pages, deciding whether you want a short book, black and white only text, which is cheapest, or full colour.

2 Travel guide of minority interest (Jewish Travel)



General Interest?
3 Quick Quotations For Successful Speakers.



Poetry
4 Seriously Funny Poems.
Instructional Books:
5 Poetry Workshop Workbook


6 Writing Poetry For Fun



7 What's print on demand?
8 Tell us about pricing?
9 What about postage?
10 E-books - anything we should know?
Finally where do we find your books?
What's your next book?
How to publish your own book.
***
I have a video on YouTube and a forthcoming book explaining in more detail. To buy new or used copies of my books by mainstream publishers go to Amazon. To buy or see details of my self published books go to 'Lulu.com Angela Lansbury Author' and type in the title of one of my books such as Quick Quotations For Successful Speeches.

No comments: