Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
Labels
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Your safety as a travelling shopper and visitor to leisure areas
The year started with more than 239 killed at Kiss nightclub in Brazil. That was January. In February we heard reports of a fire in a Calcutta shopping area. (See wikipedia on disasters.) Each country has Building Regulations. One improvement in safety would be to have all exits numbered like pages 1/1, 1/2. An illuminated /reflective arrow and map underneath should show all fire exits. Phone numbers of owners and emergency services. (In the UK we call 999 for all emergency services. But in other countries it can be 911 for some services. Visitors need to know the local numbers.)
Angela. Travel writer and survivor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment