Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
For information on the flag of Uruguay see my previous post on the country. I did a Gemini search for Uruguayan vineyards with a shop. Then...
Labels
Monday, February 25, 2013
Window Falling Accidents
An accident was reported of a young, 27 year old, woman falling from a window in Dubai. Has anybody collected statistics on these accidents worldwide? I'm sure in each country the society for the prevention of accidents has figures. How do you prevent accidents? In some parts of the USA this cannot happen. To prevent accidents, windows of high rise hotels in San Francisco cannot be opened far enough for anybody to get out.
In Canada back in 1967 Habitat dwellings were designed like pyramid steps so nobody could fall further than one storey. Soft surfaces such as lawn or the sort used in children's playgrounds can be provided under windows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment