I'm a friendly person but I like the no tipping or 10 per cent optional charge. No delay at the end. No obligation to round up.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
Labels
Friday, September 20, 2013
Chinese USA and uk tourist manners
Which tourists annoy the locals and why, which natives annoy the travellers and why, and how can we improve service? I can explain the problem with tipping. China and Singapore ban tipping. An employee can lose their job if they accept a tip which is seen as a bribe designed to enable the immoral tipper to jump the queue. Staff are paid wages by the employer and not expected to take tips. If you try to tip it is also deemed as condescending and patronising, saying I'm a successful person and you are a poor struggling soul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment