Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Learn Languages From The Names Of People You Meet - Chinese

CHINESE
in Chinese (Mandarin) the names I have translated are:

Chinese - English
Jin/Chin/Kim/Kam - golden
Lin/Lim/Lam - wood or forest
Shan - mountain
Wang / Wong - King

English - Chinese
forest/wood - Lam/Lin/Lim
golden - Chin/Jin/Kim/Kam
king - Wang / Wong (as in people I know called Wang, and the book Suzie Wong)
mountain - Shan

Useful Websites
You can see the characters for King and Mountain on this guide from Chineasy. I bought their flashcards which I look at every day.



I shall add to these throughout the day. Come back. And send me your suggestions.

Useful Websites
chineasy.com
duolingo.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_surname

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. See my next post on german names. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: