Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Canberra MRT station, new train station in Singapore with pictures of plants, fish and birds

The artwork - bigger picture at end of post.
New in November 2019, Canberra MRT train station in Singapore. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.



Canberra, MRT station, Singapore.


Singapore flag.

Canberra MRT station is newly opened, one along from Yishun on the red line.

I could not find any up to date pictures of the interior and more importantly the artwork. I would have to go myself. Wow - I can have a picture exclusive.

First on the scene.

After lunch at a Toastmasters meeting I was at Expo, one stop away from Changi airport in the west. Canberra is on another line in the far north. Was it really worthwhile going all that way.

My mobile phone battery was running out. I would go all the way there and not be able to take a photo. However, half way there I was deciding which route was best. Obviously I was intent on going there.  If my phone died, I would ask a passerby to take a photo.

At the entrance to the station are the toilets, bright white and clean, with gleaming efficient shower heads attached to the wall at knee height at the back of the toilets for cleanliness and freshening up.


Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Upstairs on platform B where I arrived, around the lift and on the glass wall are animals birds and plants, a bit like a see through chessboard. Casting shadows on the ground, probably not intentional. A pity the pictures are not scattered throughout the station like the little drawings on Newton station.

Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


Canberra MRT train station Singapore. Window artwork creating shadows. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

I love the way the patterns on the glass make shadows on the floor. I don't know if that was deliber
ate or accidental. Either way, its something which could be copied.


Window artwork at Canberra MRT train station, Singapore. New in 2019. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

For even more pictures of Singapore's nature, specifically flowers and plants, see the bridge across from King Albert Park Station.

Canberra station is open, although the adjoining mall and plaza are not yet finished. Perhaps even more delights are yet to come. I shall keep you informed.

But so far, so good. The staff are a delight, all smiles. 

No comments: