Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Teta's Lebanese Restaurant In Belsize Park - Highlights and Low toilet

Teta's restaurant in Belsize Village, Belsize Park, London, UK. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Teta's restaurant is in a quiet location, an easy, uphill walk away from the bustle and traffic around Finchley Road station. We had booked a table for ten, a family reunion, on the recommendation of a relative who is a regular diner there. 

The owner or manager immediately met us, quick to pull out the tables to give us access to the banquette at the back. We had a selection of dishes all tasty, with lots of vegetables, which is important to us as we are health conscious.

Our starters included hummus. I wanted to try the potato starter and the moussaka. But our food was chosen for the whole table by one of the group.

The toilet is down a steep flight of stairs. There is only one toilet. On the plus side, the soap dispenser and moisturiser were a good brand. You won't run out of toilet paper because they have spare rolls on the shelves.

We had kebabs of lamb and chicken. The pieces of meat were large. I am glad I ordered the chicken because the lamb was tough, so tough that I did not eat it.

Drinks

I was pleased to have Prosecco. The lemonade in a bottle, ordered for children aged 7 and 9, did not impress me. I would have liked to try the Turkish coffee.

Best of all? The desserts we bought to take home. We took two of each of the three types. I was not so fond of the little dome shaped pastry, rather hard, with a nutty centre. The moist syrupy cube was my favourite.

Leftovers

We had enough leftovers for two meals. They gave us takeaway boxes, and, when I asked, a paper carrier bag.

Useful Websites

https://tetaslebanese.co.uk/

tel: 0203 903 7010

Sunday to Saturday 12 noon to 10 pm.

Please share links to your favourite blog posts

No comments: