Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Luggage too heavy? Too bulky? How To Pack Less And Have More Outfits

 You can pack less with reversible or two colour desses and skirts and reversible or two colour jewellery. Let's start with the clothes.

You can buy reversible dresses. I have several I have even travelled wearing three reversible dresses, which gave me six outfits at my destination.

When I was a teenager my packing was a disaster. I had a heavy suitcase which strained my back. And I could never put together an oufit. I picked out favourite tops and trousers and dresses and skirts and jackets. But I looked a mess. My shoes did not match my hats. I had ski pants and high heeled shoes in the same colour. But everything clashed and was in different fabrics.

When I was a busy travel writer I had a simple colour scheme. Black and white and red. A plain black dress and skirt for daytime. A fancy black skirt and dress for evening. A fancy white blouse for evening. A black lace shawl for evening. A red scarf for time.Two daytime shirts. 

Black and white underwear. Two safety pins to keep my bra straps from showing. A swimsuit with a hood so I am never without a swimming cap.

A reversible necklace. Or a black and white necklace.

Today I discovered that my green broderie anglaise skirt can be worn inside out. The lining is plain.


I was looking for a skirt to wear with my pink outfit. I saw my green broderie anglaise skirt. I tried it on.

 I love the colour.  A new look. The front of the skirt is broderie anglaise (nowadays also called eyelet). However, the complicated pattern of the broderie anglise made the outfit too busy, clashing tih the pattern of the top and distracting. 

As I pulled it off, I turned it inside out. Could I wear it that way? 

Yes. Turning the skirt inside out worked well for me. Another look from the same garment. 



I took a selfie by propping my phone up on a low table and setting the timer to ten seconds. I had it on reverse so I could also see myself. That gave me time to try various poses. because the phone was on a low table I had to lean forwards. It did not show my shoes. But all I wanted was enough of the green to show the green skirt.

The Green Skirt

TU WOMAN label.

The Pink Tee-Shirt

The Pink Cape Blazer Jacket

The jacket has two large roses in embroidery. They appeal to be fused on, no sign of stitching on the inside. 

Label Ruiyize. Size XL. Fabric synthetic. Unlined. Slit sleeves. The slit sleeves look elegant, show a blouse's sleeves if you are wearing a long sleeved blouse. If not, the outfit is cool.

 I love jewellery which moves or is reversible. Two looks for the price of one. Less to carry around on holiday.

I also discovered some reversible jewellery online.


emilysdaily.com



ellamoore.com

 reversible

Useful Websites

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/


Useful Websites

Please share links to your favourite posts. And follow me on this blog.

No comments: