Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, September 1, 2023

A lanyard for a mobile phone? Why? Which one?



I frequently drop my phone when getting out of a car. I have the phone on my lap when taking photos. Then I lift my handbag, but forget the phone. Oops!

For a long time I have wanted a lanyard.

Finally, when going to look for a new phone, I dicided I needed a case which would take a lanyard. Would the case need two holes?

I went to a gadget shop. Tey had two styles of lanyard. One cost only $3. It was just a lanyard on a thin rope. In a luminous colour.

For nearer 20 dollars I could have a thick rope, which looked more elegant. The seller told me, "Less pressure on your neck with this one, if you are carrying it for a long time".

I went back to the phone shop, to find out what kind of cover would come with a new phone. I discovered I was not yet due for a new phone. However, I was now in shopping mode for a mobile phone holder.

I went into the Challenger shop. Their mobile phone holders were more expensive, about 30 dollars. The advantage was that the lanyard was like a flat ribbon, less wearing on the neck, or the clothes, as well as more elegant.

They had a choice of five colours. The black was most practical. It would be less conspicuous in the evening. However, it did not match the pink mobile phone cover. 

White was light-hearted and clean. But how long would it stay clean!

Blue and green did not go. The bronze or copper looked just right.

I bought one. What other features did it have?

If I were buying again, what would I look for? A mobile phone cover with matching lanyard.

I looked again at an old phone. It had a ring on the back which acts as a stand. Why not atach a lanyard to it? I often get lanyards at shows, exhibitions, conferences. I have a black phone and want to identify as mine so that I don't leave it behind on a table, assuming it belongs to somebody else, or not noticing it in the dark. I want to be sure that nobody picks up my phone accidentally, thinking it is theirs. I want to know which of my two phones is which. The old one and the new one. 

To my amazement, I found the pefect matching lanyard. Not black, which I looked for. That was dull, boring. It also had the same disadvantage as a back phone. It diappeared in the dark on my desk when I wanted to find it in a hurry, to answer it, or to go out. 

A red and black one matched well enough, with a touch of jolly, invigorating  red.

Even more exciting, the lanyard attached easily to the ring. Why hadn't I realised before.

The weird thing was, I had attached a ribbon which acted as a wrist strap. But I never thought of adding a lanyard.

The yellow of the ribbon had been a great success. A light colour is more conspicous. You can find your phone in a hurry. Even if just a tiny corner of the ribbon is showing.

I now realise that an inconpicuous colour is not what I need most. On the contrary, a luminous, light colour is more useful, for me. 

I could even change the lanyard to match different outfits.  

You must decide what the purpose of your lanyard is. 

Once you have the backing square which slots under the mobile phone case, you can attach any lanyard to the hook which protrudes.


Useful Websites

Challenger

Please share links to your favourite posts.


 

No comments: