Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, July 20, 2026

More Memorable German Words

Where can you learn and practise speaking German? 

Flag of Germany


Flag of Austria

Flag of Switzerland

You can use German in Germany, Austria and German-speaking parts of Switzerland.  Also Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, and parts of Belgium and Italy.

Flag of Luxembourg.


Flag of Liechtenstein.

I am learning German on Duolingo. I also have several books on learning German. 

Many words are the same or similar. 

German - English

Butter - butter

früher - back then, before, further back, in the past

Name - name

Picknick - picnic

reich - rich r ich

Roadtrip - road trip


English - German

before, back then, in the past, further back - früher f r

butter - Butter

name - Name

picnic - Picknick

rich - reich

road trip - Roadtrip


Useful Websites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographical_distribution_of_German_speakers

Translate google

duolingo.com

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Swiss-German_phrasebook

I travel the world, my local area and trawl the internet. I record delights and disasters, great places to visit, languages and lessons learned.

Please follow my blogs and share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: