Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, September 23, 2012

LinkedIn Toastmasters Chat On Low Cost Videos For Websites


Angela Lansbury (angelalansbury@hotmail.com) Carol mentioned wanting to re-do a video done professionally. Can two Toastmasters members in each district or area or club get together? Both could rehearse videoing the other and get experience in the production and what they want to achieve as subject of a video. A mutual self-help pair works well if one of them has the equipment. For free, a tiny fee, or small gift, or free lunch at home, the one with the equipment can video the other person as a practice. I'm president of our club, Harrovians, which bought a video recorder (which has disappeared with a member who is moving - I have to retrieve it). Our techie person researched it and bought second hand. I'm sure with more finance anybody in business even on a budget can buy even better. I previously had videos on YouTube taken by toastmaster William Brougham who visited my club as a GE. You can see several and how the first one is unrehearsed but others improve dramatically over time. He was already working in radio and later went on to do a university course in Australia. A toastmasters manual has tips on TV such as what to wear. When I did a rehearsal at my club I was advised when holding my books to treat them reverently and hold them steady for long enough for readers to see and not to wave them around. I'm now ready to be more professional on a website of my own promoting my club, and my books on speaking, and Quick Quotations (on Lulu - needs marketing) if anybody in London can help me with a website and video. 

No comments: