Angela Lansbury (angelalansbury@hotmail.com) • Carol mentioned wanting to re-do a video done professionally. Can two Toastmasters members in each district or area or club get together? Both could rehearse videoing the other and get experience in the production and what they want to achieve as subject of a video. A mutual self-help pair works well if one of them has the equipment. For free, a tiny fee, or small gift, or free lunch at home, the one with the equipment can video the other person as a practice. I'm president of our club, Harrovians, which bought a video recorder (which has disappeared with a member who is moving - I have to retrieve it). Our techie person researched it and bought second hand. I'm sure with more finance anybody in business even on a budget can buy even better. I previously had videos on YouTube taken by toastmaster William Brougham who visited my club as a GE. You can see several and how the first one is unrehearsed but others improve dramatically over time. He was already working in radio and later went on to do a university course in Australia. A toastmasters manual has tips on TV such as what to wear. When I did a rehearsal at my club I was advised when holding my books to treat them reverently and hold them steady for long enough for readers to see and not to wave them around. I'm now ready to be more professional on a website of my own promoting my club, and my books on speaking, and Quick Quotations (on Lulu - needs marketing) if anybody in London can help me with a website and video.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
Labels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment